MP Gear Lube
Phillips 66® Gear Lube is a multipurpose, API GL-5 automotive gear lubricant specifically designed for use in passenger car and truck axles with hypoid gear sets. It also is recommended for use in some heavy-duty manual transmissions in trucks and buses.
MULTIPURPOSE AUTOMOTIVE GEAR LUBRICANT, API GL-5/MT-1
- Excellent oxidation resistance and thermal stability to minimize sludge and varnish formation
- Excellent thermal durability and extreme-pressure (EP) properties for extended gear life
- High load-carrying capacity for protection against scuffing and wear
- Protects against rust and corrosion
- Good foam resistance
- Service fill of conventional differentials in passenger cars and trucks
- Top-off only of limited-slip differentials in passenger cars and light trucks (1)
- Service fill of differentials, final drives and transfer cases in some off-highway equipment
- Non-synchronized manual transmissions in trucks, buses and heavy equipment where the manufacturer specifies an API GL-5 or MT-1 gear oil
1) Note: For complete drain and refill, many limited-slip differentials may require the manufacturer’s specified gear lubricant or supplemental additive. Refer to the owner’s manual for specific requirements.