AUTOMOTIVE GEAR OIL GL-4
Phillips 66® Automotive Gear Oil GL-4 is a multipurpose, extreme-pressure, API GL-4 automotive gear lubricant specifically designed for use in select manual transmissions and in drive axles with spiral bevel gears or with hypoid gears operating under moderate speeds and loads.
Automotive Gear Oil GL-4 is formulated to provide long service life and excellent gear protection in automotive differentials operating under varying conditions of speed, load, temperature and torque. The carefully balanced formulation is designed to minimize oxidative sludge and varnish formation, reduce wear, prevent scoring damage, and protect against metal fatigue and spalling damage under moderate load conditions. It also is suitable for heavy-duty commercial manual transmissions and transaxles where the OEM specifies an API GL-4 quality oil.
MULTIPURPOSE, EXTREME-PRESSURE, API GL-4 AUTOMOTIVE GEAR LUBRICANT
- Excellent oxidation resistance and thermal stability to minimize sludge and varnish formation
- Good thermal durability and extreme-pressure (EP) properties for long gear life
- High load-carrying capacity for protection against scuffing and wear
- Protects against rust and corrosion
- Good foam resistance
Service fill of conventional differentials in passenger cars and trucks with spiral bevel gears, or with hypoid gears operating under moderate loads where API GL-5 gear oils are not required
Service fill of differentials, final drives and transfer cases in some off-highway equipment
- Manual transmissions in trucks, buses and heavy equipment where the manufacturer specifies an API GL-4 gear oil
- Automotive Gear Oil GL-4 meets or exceeds the requirements of API Service GL-4